Faculty Agreement for Special Testing
Questions concerning these procedures should be directed to:
Heather Smith, Director,
Student Success Center
Faculty will follow these procedures for all Special Testing in the Academic Affairs Student Success Center. Please refer to the Testing Protocols and Faculty Agreement for Testing for additional information.
Special Testing Roster – Required
- Instructors/administrators will send a roster of special testers to email@example.com. The roster should list the students’ names and required accommodations each semester, rotation, or when changes/additions are made.
Submitting Special Testing Requests
Instructors planning to use the Special Testing facilities for quizzes or tests will need to submit a Request for Special Testing to the Testing Center at least one business day (24 hours) prior to the scheduled quiz/test date.
- Instructors will provide the following required information:
- Instructor’s name, office phone number, additional phone number (home, cell, or pager), and email address
- Backup contact at UAMS (must have instructor access to course), office phone number and additional number (home, cell, or pager)
- Program/Course Name
- Test Name/Number
- Test information (Blackboard, Lockdown browser, ExamSoft, web addresses) and passwords
- Number of students taking the test and a roster of student names
- Clear, detailed start/end date for the test
- Whether the test is timed and amount of time allowed
- The Testing Center has a limited number of staff. Therefore, we cannot notify individual students of their time remaining and when their time is up. Timers are available within the Blackboard, ExamSoft, and ATI software, and instructors should set them for timed tests. If it is important that the student be stopped at a designated time, please use the timer in the test software.
- Special Testing Accommodations
- Materials allowed during the test (textbook, notes, calculator, scratch paper, handouts, etc.)
- The Testing Center has a limited number (12) of available distraction reduced testing cubicles. We cannot provide distraction free or private rooms for special testing, only distraction reduced.
- Due to the limited number of special testing spaces available, the testing coordinators may not be able to accommodate your first choice of a testing time. When this occurs, the testing coordinators will contact you to arrange an alternative testing time.
- Simple changes to the original test request (i.e. changing test start/finish times) may be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (501) 686-5428. It is not necessary to submit a new test request for simple changes.
Faculty Responsibilities Before the Test
- Refer students to the Testing Protocols for information about using the Testing Center, including what materials (type of calculators, size/number of handouts, etc.) students may bring with them to the test.
- Special Testing operates on a tightly timed schedule. Prompt and timely arrival by the testers is mandatory. Students who arrive late create a potential conflict with subsequently scheduled testers. Therefore, students who arrive more than 15 minutes late will forfeit their reserved test time. A testing coordinator will notify the instructor so that the test can be rescheduled.
Information Needed by Students
- Inform students when they are scheduled to begin the test. Students who arrive more than 15 minutes late will forfeit their reserved test time. A testing coordinator will notify the instructor so that the test can be rescheduled.
Academic Integrity During Testing
- All incidents of suspected cheating will be documented utilizing camera recordings, screen captures, and testing coordinator testimony.
- All tests are administered, not proctored. Testing Center personnel work diligently to protect academic integrity and will refer any alleged incidents of academic dishonesty to the instructor immediately.