Testing Center Protocols
Questions concerning these protocols should be directed to:
Heather Smith, Director
Student Success Center
Testing Center Hours
Monday – Thursday
7:30 am to 8:00 pm
7:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Hours are subject to change during holidays. Please review the hours of operations posted on the Student Success Center website before coming to the Testing Center.
- If UAMS calls inclement weather the Testing Center is closed. Testing coordinators will work with instructors to reschedule tests. Students should contact their instructors for more information.
- The Testing Center strictly adheres to closing time. Students will be turned away if their allotted test time exceeds normal operating hours (i.e. a student arriving for a 60 minute test at 7:30pm when we close at 8:00pm). The testing coordinators expect all students to submit their test at the scheduled closing time. No exceptions will be made.
Sign in Procedure
- Valid identification is required.
- UAMS Students/.Staff must provide a current UAMS student ID badge in order to sign into the Testing Center.
- Non-UAMS students must provide a current photo ID such as a Drivers License, Passport, or Military ID.
- All students will sign in for tests by scanning their UAMS student ID badge at the sign in desk outside the testing room.
- All students will place ALL belongings in a locker located outside the testing room.
- Personal belongings include backpacks, bags, purses, food, and electronic devices (cell phones, laptops, cameras, personal data assistants, smart watches, etc.)
- Cell phones and other electronic devices should be silenced or turned off before storing them in the lockers.
- Students will be responsible for the key that is associated with the locker they are using.
- Testing coordinators will check the secure spreadsheet or testing calendar for the password and any materials allowed during testing.
- Testing coordinators will guide students to the appropriate testing area.
- Students will be instructed to login to the testing application.
- Testing coordinators will enter the password, either in person or remotely.
- Only materials specified by your instructor, in writing to the Testing Center, are permitted in the testing room.
- Respect others by remaining quiet during your test.
- If you have questions or concerns about the test environment, please quietly notify the testing coordinators.
- You may not converse in the testing room. Engage in quiet conversation only with the testing coordinators.
- Students are responsible for tracking their own time while testing.
- In the event students have to use the restroom, they must alert the testing coordinators when they leave and when they return.
- Students are required to sign their scratch paper and return scratch paper and handouts to the testing coordinators at the end of the test.
- Students with a scheduled testing time (i.e. special accommodation testing or scheduled make-up tests) must arrive on time. Students who arrive more than 15 minutes late will forfeit their reserved test time. A testing coordinator will notify the instructor so the test can be rescheduled.
Academic Integrity During Testing
All incidents of suspected cheating will be documented utilizing camera recordings, screen captures, and testing coordinator testimony. The testing coordinator will report all incidents to the instructor immediately.
- An incident can include:
- Giving or receiving assistance of any kind, including searching the Internet
- Using materials not authorized in writing by the instructor
- Tampering with the operation of the computer or attempting to use it for any function other than taking a test
- Tampering with the monitoring camera
- Talking with other testers during a test